Brain injury affects the whole family and more often than not, people are thrown in at the deep end with the new title of ‘carer’ thrust upon them.
Headway East Lothian is run by people who have either sustained a brain injury themselves, are caring for someone who has, or have a professional interest in the field. As such we can fully appreciate the issues and pressures that many people face on a daily basis.
Whether you just want an informal chat about brain injury or would like some more information about becoming part of our Headway carers group, please get in touch.
We can provide:
- Awareness training
- Sign post to other organisations
- Monthly carers’ meetings/lunches
- You don’t need to feel isolated anymore!
We are also involved in, both locally and nationally,
- Campaigning and lobbying for better support and resources to be made available to people affected by brain injury, speaking out against government policies and social and health care changes that are not in the best interests of people affected by brain injury
- Raising awareness of brain injury and its effects in the national media through regular television interviews, features, dramas and documentaries; via newspaper articles and interviews in magazines; and through thought-provoking, hard-hitting debates on radio programmes